A leading upstream Oil and Gas company active operatorship of profile blocks. Due to our expansion and development programs, we are looking for passionate, intelligent, experienced and resourceful professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of the procedures, tools and techniques used in well drilling projects.
- Ability to prepare work schedules and comprehensive drilling plans to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Experience in monitoring day-to-day rig operations during drilling and completions operations, including deployment of effective solutions for operational continuity, equipment malfunctions. and other onsite problems.
- Liaise with project partners, such as geologists and drilling contractors etc, in order to keep up-to-date on all developments that ray have an impact on drilling activities.
- Familiar with statutory and regulatory requirements, with respect to health, security and.safety and emergency procedures.
- Must not be more than 40 years of age.
- Candidate for this position is required to have good knowledge of well engineering, drilling and completions to provide support to company’s operations from the initial design to delivery of a well to production. Candidates must be knowledgeable in drilling and completions practices.
Qualifications And Required Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in a core Engineering discipline.
- A Master’s degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of cognate experience in the industry after graduation, ideally in operations and drilling.
- Working knowledge of commonly used and relevant drilling/operations/production management software.
- Must have strong analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Shall have ability to plan and lead projects and must be able to work under pressure by themselves and in teams.
- Strong grasp of technical aspects.
- Must be capable of working seamlessly with geosciences, production and reservoir groups in executing drilling/operations and engineering solutions.
- Shall be capable of delivering quality, on budget and with speed.
- Good verbal and written communication.
Remuneration is very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] with position applied for as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2021.