Airtel Nigeria Limited is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Information Technology Infrastructure
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- This job is responsible for maintaining and managing Enterprise Hardware infrastructure which manages in-house developed and applications sourced from various third party vendors including Huawei, IBM, Comviva, Avaya etc.
- Responsible for maintaining uptime, enhancements as per Business requirements, integration & Support of Hardware. Major Hardware include IBM/Huawei Servers, Enterprise Storage Systems, High end Backup and recovery devices, Arista Networks Switches and devices, High end Firewalls etc. The Hardware Infrastructure houses BSS systems like CRM, Billing, Service Delivery Platform, Business Intelligence, ERP, Sales Systems etc.
- Technology Absorption
- Uptime of Hardware and Services
- Service Management
- Alignment of systems to business strategy & Delivery of Services and resolution of issues.
- Operationalization of the Project
- Work in close co-ordination with Network team for selecting and implementing end to end Solutions and support.
- Implementation of end to end service path and revenue path of the customer
- Degree in IT or related discipline.
- Postgraduate/IT professional qualifications/Certifications in related fields will be an added advantage e.g possession of relevant IT (OEM & Non-OEM) certification is a key advantage e.g. Oracle, IBM, Huawei, Cisco, Arista, ITIL (v3 or 4) etc.
- 8 to 10 yrs. in mid to large size organizations
- Preferable working experience in a Telecom environment.
- Experience in multiple, diverse technology environments and domains.
- Practical working knowledge with hands-on exposure in infrastructure domain.
- Advanced understanding of Active Directory, Networking, Servers, Storage, Windows and Linux operating systems, virtualization (VMware), cloud technologies, Databases, CCT, containers and orchestration platforms.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure architecture.
- Proven ability to collaboratively pursue issue resolution and push for long term and permanent solutions to on-going problems
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Proactive engagement with Internal teams & Vendor teams
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication Skills
- Understand complex relationships and meet timelines
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply