ProvidusBank and Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) have entered a partnership to provide access to finance for green eligible SMEs in Nigeria for the purpose of scaling green businesses, creating wealth, reducing unemployment by generating green jobs, driving the private sector, and improving the country’s GDP, while keeping the environment safer, cleaner, and more sustainable.
₦500Million Green SME Financing Scheme Fund Size:
The said partnership with ProvidusBank has structured a credit line of N500 Million exclusively to finance eligible Green SMEs in Nigeria.
₦ 500Million Green SME Financing
Business Areas Eligible for Funding
The ₦500Million Naira Green Financing Scheme is designed to finance climate-smart businesses playing in the following green thematic areas such as – Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Smart Agriculture, Water Solutions & Innovation, including Circular Businesses with positive environmental impact.
To Be Eligible For Financing, The SME Must Fulfil The Following Conditions
- The Company must have operated for a minimum of 12 months as evidenced by the Certificate of Incorporation, Business Registration, Date of Incorporation/Registration.
- A review of customer’s 12 months’ bank statement from the primary bank used by the business.
- Extracted debit and credit turnover analysis of the bank’s statement.
- Operational cash flow from business operations must be able to service loan obligations regardless of other sources of income. Other sources of income are secondary.
- Verification of ALL Customers supporting documents.
- Business location shall be a verifiable office in use by the borrower.
- Directors and Promoters of the corporate entities/Business Name must have BVN.
- Customer must have good credit history. This will be confirmed via a credit check on the client (Promoters/Directors) and Business.
- KYC documentations must be in place (No deferrals).
- Satisfactory legal search report on the company (the search must not be more than six months old).
- Customer’s stock in trade must not be in the prohibited list of items.
Funding Limit in ₦ 500Million Green SME Financing
The maximum loan amount for a borrower is capped at N10 Million. However, an approval can be sought for higher amounts in the event the borrower’s cashflow demonstrates the capacity to borrow more than the capped amount.
If screened and selected as a potential borrower, documentations for financing will include the following:
- Valid means of identification (includes National ID card, International Passport, Drivers’ License, & other acceptable means) for individuals and promoters of business name registration
- Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association as filed with the Corporate Affairs Commission (Business name and corporate entities)
- Loan application letter
- 12 Months bank statement
- Credit Bureau Checks
- Company profile
- Management profile
- Cash flow projection
- Relevant operating license
- Duly executed Loan offer letter
- Loan Agreement
- Advisory fee Agreement
- Domiciliation of cash from business – Opening ProvidusBank account
- Board Resolution for Corporate entities; Letter of Undertaking for Business Names
- Evidence of KTC Adequacy
₦ 500Million Green SME Financing
If you are a Nigerian Green SME that meets all the conditions stated for eligibility, kindly click on the link below to apply for the ProvidusBank/NCIC Green SMEs Financing Scheme:
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Naijacareer.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Naijacareer.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Naijacareer admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters